Walk-In Wellness Clinic
Clinic changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
UBCO virtual walk-in well-being clinic
- The UBCO Walk-In Well-Being Clinic is offering in-person and virtual appointments. Pre-Screening is required prior to in-person appointments. Please email email@example.com or call (250) 807-8241 for more information.
- We provide brief (up to 30 minutes) mental health appointments provided by student clinicians.
- Available to any individual in British Columbia (age 16+) who is experiencing stress or having difficulty coping at this time.
- Clinicians are Masters and PhD level graduate students who are supervised by UBCO registered psychologists.
- Operating hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 am – 3 pm. For in-person appointments, please email or call to inquire about availability and pre-screening requirements.
- The walk-in well-being clinic provides clients with support, tools, and resources on topics such as depression, anxiety, stress, self-care, substance use, and relationships.
- Individuals in immediate crisis should dial 911 or contact a 24-hour crisis line: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or the Interior Crisis Line (1-888-353-2273). Children and youth can contact the Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868 or text to 686868).
UBCO Interprofessional Clinic
Voicemail: (250) 807-8241
The clinic was launched in an effort to address urgent issues related to mental health. One in 5 Canadians have a mental health diagnosis, and 6 in 10 primary care visits are for mental health issues, or consequences of chronic health conditions. A recent survey of Canadian students showed that 89% of students feel overwhelmed in their daily life. Whether you are a student, faculty, staff or community member who is struggling, we are here to help.
Our clinic started out as a five-week trial in the fall of 2018, but is now a permanent part of the Psychology Clinic on campus. We are happy to be able to provide this service to our community on a permanent basis.